Sunday, March 16, 2008

I want my own card

Last time we were at the library I decided to let the girls get their very own library cards. They thought this was so cool. Then the librarian told them they could check out 4 books/movies for the next two weeks and then their cards become active and then they will be able to check out up to 100 items! Why would she tell them this? I can just see me having to pull up the van to load our books in. I think I will set our family limit to 5 items each :) They even have figured out how to do the computer self check out by themselves.

She insisted on signing her own like Gracie did. She actually did pretty good considering they only give you a small strip

Why do all kids want to go up the slide?


I am so glad we are somewhat back to "normal" around here. I am not really sure what normal is but I know right now I am not giving out any medication and for us lately that's pretty good. Now I just need to put my house back together after our painting extravaganza.

3 comments:

Joyce and Wiley said...

It's great that the girls are so enthused about reading--libraries are the greatest! The first thing I do when we reach our destination is to find the library and get a nonresident library card.

I remember you reading voraciously when you were little.

Anonymous said...

I remember the day at the park, it was fun. We will go again when you come over.
I remember the days you spent reading. A book was your best friend. Like mother like daughters. Good role model.
xoxo

Darcie said...

Aunt Mag,
I thank you for the MANY trips to Waldenbooks in the Winter Park Mall :)