Thursday, July 24, 2008

Birthday Party Overload

When Rylie told me she wanted a yellow elephant birthday party I was dumbfounded. How in the world would I pull this one off. Well I gave it my best effort....


It started with the elephant tracks and the peanut mess they made (the birds and squirrels LOVED this the next day)





EVERYONE wore yellow! A great big thanks to all of you....




We wore elephant ears instead of Birthday hats.....






We played Pin the Trunk on the Elephant. Katelyn my middle school aged cousin helped me with the art, isn't she talented!




Max Jr. wanted in....



We threw peanuts into the elephant's mouth

We made yellow elephant necklaces.......


and of course a yellow elephant cake.............Thanks Publix!


Goodie Bags and peanut confetti...........





The boys weren't too happy about posing on the couch.....

Even babies wore yellow.............




We had so much fun at the party...can't wait to hear what the next party request will be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darcie, you make dreams come true. Next year I want my birthday theme to be diamonds. Or the color green and money will be fine. A green elephant cake would be nice. Publix's did an excellant job on the cake. :)
All you blog readers lets hear it for Darcie

Joyce and Wiley said...

I have such a talented family! Rylie for having such an unusual birthday theme request, Darcie for all her clever ideas to implement it, Katelyn for her outstanding art work, and everyone else for being such good sports. What fun! Aunt Joyce and Uncle Wiley wish they could have been there.

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I bet she had so much fun, what a great memory!