Monday, December 31, 2007

A new tradition

So I love traditions. I love the fact I can say I have been to my Aunt's house for 32 Christmas Eve's. So I wanted to start my own tradition in my family. I have heard of many people getting new matching pj's for Christmas so I decided that sounded fun and headed out to find the perfect ones. This ended up being harder than I thought. I couldn't decide whether they should be Christmas themed or just winter themed or even just color coordinated. I should have just figured out what I was able to find first and that would have been easier. I finally decided on a penguin theme for our 1st go. I washed and wrapped five pairs of pajamas so when we got home from Aunt Mag's we could open them and put them on. Of course at Aunt Mag's both girls received frilly princess nightgowns so I was a little worried about their excitement matching mine when we got home. It went okay....Gracie complained a little about pants because she only likes dresses but I think once Mommy and Daddy were wearing penguins they thought it was kind of funny. I think they are still a little young to get the whole tradition thing but maybe in a few years they will want to rush home on Christmas Eve to see what kind of pj's the family has that year. I wasn't able to make it in the picture but you get the idea.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice PJ's, good idea.


DAD

Anonymous said...

Hi! Great blog! Mag just told us that you'd started one. I love the penguin PJ's. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Yaaay! Traditions are great! and the Pjs are a great idea! Sounds Fun! Is Chris going to model the Pj's the next time we are all together??!! Hope you guys had a Happy New Year!
Kim

Anonymous said...

I love the pjs! You know we do it too and they will love them too, and come to be really really excited to get them.

Anonymous said...

Hey Darc, check out pajamas.com - they have whole family PJs.