Saturday, September 27, 2008

My first field trip

Gracie announced in the van one afternoon after picking her up from school, "I have great news. We are going to see Elmo!" I wasn't sure what she was talking about but when I got home I found the permission slip for the field trip. I was surprised they were going on a field trip so soon but she was so excited. It happened to be on a Friday so I was thrilled I wasn't working and could sign up to be a chaperone. About a week before the show the teacher called saying the field trip was canceled due to the county not allowing any buses for any special activities. The kids were so sad. Well the teachers worked some more on the issue and they were able to hire private buses to take us to the UCF arena. It really wasn't the same as going on the Big Yellow school buses but it was still fun. Our class had so many chaperones we only had 2 kids each. We will see if that is the same at the end of the year when we are going somewhere outdoors in the lovely Florida heat :)
Here is Gracie and Emely...my 2 kids for the day....


Gracie and her friend Hannah who lives in our neighborhood...

Gracie and Alexa....

The kids had so much fun and they were all so cute. I am so thankful my wonderful husband works super hard and this gives me the opportunity to do these things with my children.
Gracie also bought her first meal this week at school...good old school pizza. She said it was delicious. Hope everyone is doing good out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I am glad you got to go and enjoy the trip with her. Jada's first field trip is tomorrow, and none of the parents can go. :( The day she ate at school, that is the first thing she said when she got in the car...that she ate PIZZA! She is so precious!