Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Meet Hedgie

Gracie had a family homework assignment to make a puppet of a nocturnal animal. I went online and found a list of nocturnal animals and read her the list. Everything you think of being nocturnal was on there like bat, owl, raccoon....but did she pick one of those? Nope she chose the hedgehog. Not sure how she even knows what a hedgehog is but I decided it would be okay because not many kids would probably be bringing in a hedgehog puppet. We decided to make a sock puppet. I did any part requiring the glue gun and she did the whole face, ears, feet and sprayed the hairspray to make her quills prickly. It was fun to hear her talk about all the other kids puppets and how they were all so different.
Here's "hedgie"...I think it turned out cute.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely adorable! Great job Gracie!

Anonymous said...

Is Hedgie coming to Aunt Mag
s Christmas. Let me know as I will get Hedgie a gift.Maybe a leash so he-she can't run away.
Good job Gracie. Katelyn really liked it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! WAAAY better than those earrings we used to make with the hot glue gun :)